BBQ Turkey Flatbread [Recipe]
Here’s a tasty twist on your traditional Thanksgiving meal, this turkey flatbread is a great option for any potluck holiday event or “Friendsgiving” gathering you might be attending. Flatbreads are also the ultimate use for leftovers! Instead of re-heating your same old plate of Thanksgiving dinner, or ordering out for pizza, just get a little creative and use this recipe as your guide for inspiration.
I used left over turkey but the recipe is very adaptable and forgiving. I think it would be great with a thin layer of mashed sweet potatoes as a base or try drizzling with your leftover cranberry sauce!
If you’re looking for something to bring to a “Friendsgiving” this could even cut into smaller slices and would work great as an easy appetizer to share.
[clickfunnels_clickpop exit=”true” delay=”4″ id=”wwk044conro7xi05″ subdomain=”contactf75f4d”]Want more macro-friendly recipes to get you through the holidays? Then check out our FREE ebook, the Holiday Survival Guide. It’s packed full of helpful strategies & recipes to keep you on track all season long. CLICK to download your copy for free now! [/clickfunnels_clickpop]
BBQ Turkey Flatbread
- 1 lavash flatbread
- 4 tbsp Annie's BBQ sauce
- 4 oz leftover turkey
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 oz sharp light cheddar finely shredded
- 1/2 Apple thinly sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place large cast iron (or oven safe) pan over medium heat. Add lavash bread to pan.
- Spray flatbread lightly with olive oil spray and evenly spread garlic on top.
- Add cheese, apples, onions and turkey evenly on top.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Once cheese begins to melt and oven is pre-heated, place in oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through and edges begin to crisp.