Blueberry Flax Yogurt Bowl [Recipe]
True story! Part of the reason I love sleep so much is because it transports me to my favorite time, and meal, of the day…BREAKFAST!!! I used to be one of those people that always ate my breakfast on the go, usually it was pretty non-existent, it definitely didn’t contain much protein and almost inevitably was eaten distracted at my desk. But I’ve learnt some lessons along the way and now I prefer to take my time.
I know we don’t all have the luxury of time first thing in the morning, but once I realized how much of a difference having breakfast made to my day, its developed into a sacred morning ritual. So I make sure I make time for it and make time for me. It sets my day off with the right tone to enjoy my food unrushed and to start the rest of my day feeling fueled and energized. So once I’m up, dressed & the dogs and dishes have been taken care of, I take the time I need – which really isn’t long – to sit down and enjoy my morning coffee with a delicious breakfast bowl.
This was one of my favorite breakfasts to have when I was traveling a lot and learning how to get on top of my protein.
Blueberry Flax Yogurt Bowl
- 5 oz Container of 0% fat greek yogurt
- 140 grams Blueberries
- 16 grams Cashews
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed & Camu Camu Powder Tropical Fruit Blend (or your choice of flax seed)
- Spread the yogurt into the bottom of a breakfast bowl.
- Add the blueberries and cashews - I like to break my cashews up into smaller pieces so it looks like there's more!
- Sprinkle your ground flaxseed on top and finish with optional sweetener of choice (sugar-free syrup, agave or just cinnamon, all work well!)