Homemade Jalapeño Guacamole
Fresh and flavorful homemade guacamole that packs some heat 🔥
- 4 large ripe hass avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 jalapeño seeds and stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 ripe medium sized tomato seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced small
- 3 tablespoons lime juice from about 1 ½ limes, or more if needed
Remove the stone/seed from the avocado and using a spoon, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a shallow serving bowl, discarding any bruised, browned areas.
Using a potato masher, or fork, mash up the avocado until it reaches the consistency you like (I like mine to have some lumps).
Add all of the remaining ingredients to the avocado. Stir to combine.
Taste and add additional salt (I often add up to ½ teaspoon more), until the flavors really pop. If it needs more zip, add a little more lime juice (or, if it tastes too limey already, don’t worry—it will mellow out after a brief rest).
Serve and enjoy!!
Calories: 225kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 3gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 232mgPotassium: 711mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 350IUVitamin C: 34.7mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 1.3mg