Breakfast Egg Muffins [Recipe]
While I may not be where I see myself in my head, I have been cross-fitting for 11 years and will do it for the rest of my life. Life throws you ebbs and flows, just keep swimming! And god dammit, I will get back into my shorts, just give me time…Keep moving, make healthy choices and turn to exercise and diet to change your life. The community of CF is so awesome, we will meet you where you are and cheer you on as you do the best you can TODAY, tomorrow and the rest of your life.
On Saturday, I watched a 50 year old woman with SEVERE MS row a 2K keeping a 2:38 pace the whole time. I watched her and cried. If someone with those challenges can show up and do the work, so can I. So can you. NO EXCUSES.
And I leave you with this recipe! Having healthy snacks on hand that are high in protein is always a battle. These egg muffins are the perfect quick and easy solution. Enjoy!
~ Laura M.
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 9 whole eggs
- 4 cups egg whites
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 bags chopped spinach
- 16 oz chopped roasted peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your veggies as needed - if using fresh zucchini finely shred and set to one side. If using frozen vegetables for the spinach and peppers then defrost and drain excess water.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl then add all the other ingredients serving 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Once all the mixture is distributed evenly amongst the muffins tins, place in the oven. At 10-15 minutes sprinkle the remaining parmesan on each muffin. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.