Butternut Squash & Apple Bake [Recipe]
It’s officially fall and apple picking season is in full swing! This recipe is full of fall flavors with ingredients like butternut squash and cinnamon. It will leave your house smelling oh-so wonderful! This is a great side dish or could even stand alone as a healthier dessert option in place of your typical apple crisps and pies.
Butternut Squash & Apple Bake
This squash and apple bake is the perfect accompaniment for family dinners and Thanksgiving gatherings. It's packed full of fall flavors and will keep you feeling warm on those chillier days.
- 1 lb butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 medium apple cubed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the cubed butternut squash and apple in medium baking dish.
- Spray with olive oil spray and add 1/4 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to taste. Toss to combine.
- In a small dish, combine oatmeal, coconut flakes, coconut flour, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, dash salt and melted coconut oil.
- Sprinkle oatmeal mixture evenly on top of the squash and apples.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until oats and coconut flakes begin to brown.
Calories: 127kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 8mgPotassium: 404mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 12100IUVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 1.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!