Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Protein Bites [Recipe]
Pumpkin is easily the most anticipated flavor of the season and we’ve got you covered with this super yummy recipe for Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Protein Bites! This is hands down the most delicious and guilt-free way to get your pumpkin fix on this fall. Make a batch of these high-protein treats and store them in the freezer for a delicious after-dinner treat.
Pumpkin is super versatile for baking all kinds of savory and sweet dishes. Here’s 8 reasons why you should add more pumpkin to your life!
- Rich in vitamin A
- High in fiber
- Nutrient dense and low in calories
- Reduces LDL
- Rich source of the anti-oxidant beta-carotene
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in tryptophan helping to promote serotonin production
- High in potassium – more than bananas!
- Rich in vitamin C
There’s no doubt about it, pumpkin is powerhouse of micronutrients! So take advantage of them being in season and use them fresh in your recipes whenever possible.
If you’re a pumpkin spice fan, make sure you check out our other pumpkin protein recipes:
Pumpkin Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Protein Bites
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup Paleoethics vanilla clean protein powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup almond butter creamy
- 6 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons liquid stevia
- 90 grams Lily's dark chocolate chips
- Find a rimmed pan that will fit in your freezer and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut flour, vanilla protein, canned pumpkin, almond butter, ¼ cup of the coconut oil, vanilla extract and stevia. Mix well and if needed add another Tablespoon of coconut oil. Chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes and then form into 32 balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared pan and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Gently melt the dark chocolate and remaining coconut oil in a heat-proof bowl over a simmering pot of water. Remove the pumpkin balls from the freezer and one-by-one roll in the melted chocolate. Return the coated balls to the freezer for 10 minutes. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the tops of the bonbons in a nice design. Store in the freezer for up to a month and in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!