Death by Chocolate Protein Mug Cake [Recipe]
When I was younger I wasn’t so into chocolate. But that’s only because I was into everything! Like candy and biscuits (that’s cookies to you) and cake & crips (chips in your world). Really, I didn’t discriminate between anything yummy. I loved and consumed all delicious tasting things equally!
As the years have passed though, I have found myself turning into somewhat of a chocoholic – and I used to be so vanilla too! Maybe it’s because I deprived myself of it for so long, who knows. Thanks to flexible eating I love that I’m able to eat anything chocolatey again and not feel even remotely guilty about it. But there are still those occasions when I need to satisfy that craving for something rich and not blow my macros. And that’s where this chocolatey protein mug cake saves the day!
This mug cake recipe reminds me SO much of a chocolate lava cake – if you’ve never had one, your taste buds haven’t lived! The chocolate sauce is the game changer here making this mug cake oh so ooey, gooey. You’ll never struggle with hitting your protein again!
Want to make this vegan friendly? You can easily substitute the protein powder for your favorite vegan blend. You can either skip the egg whites or whip up a blend of Aquafaba.
Death by Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1 scoop Paleoethics Super Serum Chocolate Protein (save 20% with code OYE20)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsbp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp Pyure bakeable blend stevia
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Sauce ingredients
- 1/2 scoop Paleoethics Super Serum Chocolate Protein
- 2 tsp Pyure bakeable blend stevia
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 tsp butter extract
- 1 dash salt
- Lightly spray a large mug with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Mix the cake ingredients together in a bowl. You're looking for a batter-like consistency so you may need to add a little water to achieve that.
- Spoon the batter in to the mug and then microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Use your bowl to mix up the chocolate sauce and pour over your cake. Add any additional toppings of your choosing! ?