Crock Pot Pecan Pie [Recipe]
Alright so this recipe does not yield the most macro-friendly of results. Oops! But it’s one for your guests to splurge on and will fill your home with the most tantalizing flavors. Your guests will be #drooling! Not only that, but because it’s cooked in a crock pot, it only takes you 10 minutes to prep! Giving you any extra time you need to plan your day of sensible holiday feasting! ?
Toasting the pecans before adding them to the filling intensifies their flavor so this is a helpful step to include to keep the pie lower in fat without sacrificing that nutty, caramel pecan taste. If you do have some spare baking time on your hands, making your own low-fat pie crust dough could save you even more calories!
My little macro saving hack here was to only use 5 oz. of the Pillsbury store-bought dough. Just roll it out so it’s a little thinner than normal! So smart right?! I also use a substitute sweetener to help keep the carbs low.
Make sure you check out some of our other healthier dessert options on the blog too!
Crock Pot Pecan Pie
- 5 oz refrigerated pie crust I used Pillsbury & weighed out the dough
- 1 egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup pyure granulated all purpose sweetener
- 0.5 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tbsp whipped butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 cups chopped pecans or a combination of chopped and whole pecan halves
- Spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place pie crust in crock pot and mold it to fit the shape of the crock pit. (This is easier if you have a round crock pot instead of an oval one, but you can make do with an oval.)
- In a separate bowl, stir remaining ingredients together, except pecans, until mixed well.
- Stir in pecans. I like to leave about half the pecans to arrange on top of the filling to make it look prettier. If you want to give your pecan more flavor don't forget to toast them lightly before adding them in.
- Pour your filling into the pie crust. If you reserved some pecans, gently place them on top of the filling.
- Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Voilà!