Instant Pot Meatballs [Recipe]
There’s nothing like the flavors of traditional Italian meatballs to transport you from your kitchen to la bell’Italia! And now you can make that happen any night of the week with this super simple recipe. These meatballs are great for your weekly meal prepping, or if you’re cooking for the whole family.
If you don’t own an instant pot (or if it’s on the blink!) you can easily bake the meatballs after lightly browning them in a sauté pan. I’ve kept this recipe pretty macro-friendly by using extra lean beef, but you could easily switch out beef for ground turkey or chicken if you want to make this even leaner. Substituting pasta noodles for zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash noodles is a also a really good way to keep the carbs and overall calories low and it tastes just as good!
Check out our recipe for lean turkey meatballs that are baked in the oven.
Instant Pot Meatballs
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour (or panko bread crumbs)
- 2 tbsp Noble Made Classic Marinade
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 12 oz marinara fat free, low sodium
- Roll into 1" size meatballs (about 16) and place on a baking sheet. Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spray the inside of your instant pot with non-stick spray and turn to sauté function on high. Once hot, add the meatballs and slowly turn them to brown all sides.
- Remove the meatballs from the instant and drain off any excess fat. Now add in 12 oz of marinar and add the meatballs back in. Cook on manual high pressure for about 8 minutes.
- Serve hot over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash noodles.