Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse [Recipe]
Chocolate, coconut and avocado?! You bet! Together these simple ingredients combine to form the perfect keto chocolate mousse. It’s low on carbs and packed full of good for you fats! The best part is how easy this is to whip together. Better yet, you can customize it based on your own needs! Which is always a plus when we’re talking to flexible dieters.
I used a monk fruit sweetener to keep the carbs low. But if you’re not concerned about making it keto friendly, it would be delicious with a few dates or a banana as a sweetener. I made two versions of this, one with the instant coffee and one without. I prefer the depth of flavor that comes from the coffee. But if coffee and chocolate are not your thing – it’s just as tasty without.
⚠️Heads up! ⚠️ When you open the can of coconut cream do not stir or shake the can. You want to use only the cream on the top of the can and discard the water underneath. Just remember – cream rises to the top – and that’s the good stuff.
While this chocolate mousse is delicious straight out of the food processor (I can attest 😋) it will thicken if allowed to chill in the fridge for at least an hour. To serve, enjoy as is or make it fancy with some chocolate shavings, fresh raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream!
Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse
- 1 medium Avocado
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup Monk Fruit Powder Sweetener
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla optional
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee optional
- 1 tbsp Warm Water to dissolve coffee
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Optionally, add instant coffee to tablespoon water to dissolve and add to mousse.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight. Note if you are planning to serve this to guest I suggest dividing the mousse up into ramekims before refrigerating.