Low-fat Chicken Coconut Curry [Recipe]
Curry is something I came to associate with being unhealthy at some point in my life. Probably not long after I left university where Curry night socials were a regular weekly feature! It’s usually high in fat, high in carbs and impossible to track accurately if you’re eating out. Well although my university days are over, whilst we were on vacation I needed an idea for a meal to cook for the group who were predominantly all Brits. So I thought it was about time I cracked the case and figured out how a delicious curry could be perfectly healthy & macro-friendly. This turned out super low-fat and easy to portion out so that you can be confident you’re hitting your macros accurately. I was so happy with how it worked out!
You can easily substitute the chicken for any other kind of meat or seafood. Feel free to add in some veggies too or switch out the rice for potatoes or maybe cauliflower rice if you’re keeping your carbs in check for something else. Really the options for changing this up are endless! It’s so simple. Give it a go!
Chicken Coconut Curry
- 240 grams Coconut Curry, Saffron Road simmer sauce (2 servings per person)
- 20 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked (about 1.3 cups dry)
- Take your rice and either boil it in a pan according to packet instructions or you can use a rice cooker to make your life super simple!
- Whilst your rice is cooking, slice your chicken into small 1.5 inch cubes. Take a skillet and spray it with non-stick spray. Placing your skillet on medium heat, season your chicken with salt and pepper & then throw it in the pan.
- Gently allow your chicken to cook so that the underside is white. You want to turn the chicken over before it starts to turn golden or brown. Once cooked on both side, place a lid on the pan and turn the heat down slowly allowing the chicken to finish cooking.
- Whilst your chicken and rice are cooking, take a small pot and cook the sauce on a medium heat.
- Once the rice is done, portion out each serving accordingly and serve with your choice of veggies! 🙂