Passion Fruit Chia Oats [Recipe]
I recently discovered fresh passion fruit is delicious! I must admit that until a few weeks ago I had never cut open a raw passion fruit. And I was missing out!
They are quite ugly on the outside but as soon as I cut one open it was like I’d been transported to a tropical island! They smell SO good. And while they are plenty tasty on their own, I found I love them even more stirred into my morning oatmeal. To top it off I add some ripe banana and shredded coconut. My very own spring break in a bowl!
Passion Fruit Chia Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut Flakes
- 60 grams banana 1/2 medium banana
- 35 grams passion fruit 2 passion fruits
- Combine oatmeal, chia seeds and water in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds or until desired consistency. Note: you can add more or less water depending on how thick you like your oats.
- Stir in passion fruit seeds and top with coconut flakes and banana.