Easy Lean Meatballs [Recipe]
This recipe involves baking your meatballs. I love it when you can throw things in the oven and forget about them because then you have time to prepare whatever else you need! Zucchini noodles go great with these meatballs so whilst they’re busy cooking in the oven get to spiralizing your zucchini and heating up some marinara sauce on the side. Yummy!
Sidenote, if you don’t have a spiralizer get one! It’s much cheaper to have one of these at home than to keep buying the ready-made zoodles at the store.
Easy Lean Meatballs
- 2 lbs 95% ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 0.25 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently mix all the ingredients by hand in a large mixing bowl or by using a stand mixer. Make sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop out evenly sized balls and place them on a baking tray lined with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the tray with meatballs in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes until meatballs are cooked-through and browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite veggies and sauce. Bon appetit!