Cauliflower Tots [Recipe]
These cauliflower tots are a great low carb alternative to the traditional tater tot. Plus they’re baked, which cuts down on unnecessary oils. If you have an air fryer try using it in place of the oven to create a crispier texture!
I don’t know about you but tater tots remind me of a simpler time. They bring me back to school lunches and hanging out with friends. My college would often serve them at the dining hall. I remember the excitement my roommates and I would have when it was tot day! They’re just so playful! Crispy little nuggets just waiting to be dipped in ketchup and enjoyed.
If you want to bring that fun to your own kitchen try whipping up these cauliflower tots! They’re lighter than traditional tater tots so you can enjoy them any day of the week! Great as a snack or side dish and the dipping possibilities are endless. How do you enjoy your tots?
- 300 grams cauliflower 1/2 medium cauliflower
- 50 grams diced onion 1/4 cup
- 50 grams diced bell pepper 1/4 cup
- 28 grams shredded parmesan cheese
- 28 grams Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower until softened. About 5 minutes.
- Place in food processor and pulse until consistency of bread crumbs. Be cautious not to over blend. You can also chop it on a cutting board if preferred.
- Add cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and combine with all other ingredients.
- Form into tots and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!