Superfood Waffles [Recipe]
Superfood Waffles? I know what you’re thinking, it sounds too good to be true! And I was skeptical too, I mean they look and smell like waffles but surely superfood waffles can’t possibly taste good right? WRONG! Thanks to Kodiak Cakes this pre-prepared waffle & flapjack mix is not only packed full of goodness, it tastes super good too!
Made with freshly ground, non-GMO grains like quinoa, flax & chia seeds, this waffle mix is also free from preservatives, provides 20% of your daily value of fiber & 100% of your daily value of 8 B vitamins. In short, a great way to fuel your day and keep hunger locked up till lunch!
This recipe is a breakfast go-to of mine when I get bored of my Chunky Monkey Oatmeal. Sometimes I have the yogurt and fruit on the side and eat my waffle with two 2 slices of bacon & just a tablespoon of sugar-free syrup. I know what you’re thinking #foodgasm ?
In my world, I deserve a start to the day that’s anything but boring. Let breakfast be your gateway to a stimulating day.
Check out our superfood shopping list. A handy list of foods we regularly buy at the store and have in our house to keep our bodies feeling and looking great!
- 53 grams Kodiak Cakes energy packed waffle mix
- 70 grams fresh strawberries
- 100 grams fat free greek yogurt
- 30 grams banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Take your waffle iron, spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray and turn it on to medium to high heat.
- Take a small sized mixing bowl and measure out 1 serving size (56g) of the energy packed waffle mix. Add recommended amount of water and stir well - you may want to add the water slowly to ensure your mixture maintains a batter-like consistency.
- Pour your mixture into your waffle iron and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes - usually once steam stops escaping from the iron is an indication that the waffle is ready.
- Whilst your waffle is cooking, measure out your greek yogurt, peanut butter and slice your fruit.
- Arrange everything beautifully on a plate - I like to cut my waffle into triangles but you may just want to pile everything on top of your waffle. Heck you could even turn it into a waffle sandwich! 🙂