Spooky “Brownie” Bites [Recipe]
These brownie bites are a perfect little treat to set out on halloween! Honestly they are great anytime of year but add on some googly eyes and little legs and you have a perfect spooky treat to add some flair to your halloween party!
I’m calling them brownies because they are gooey and decadent, but don’t let them trick you! They’re full of healthy fats like walnuts, pistachios and chia seeds. Bonus, you don’t need to bake them so you can make them ahead of time and store them in the fridge or freezer for when you need them.
The pretzel legs are great because they’re edible but they probably wouldn’t hold up if you’re planning to travel with them. In that case, try using black licorice to keep it all edible or pipe cleaners to give a “fuzzy” look!
Spooky "Brownie" Bites
- 8 medjool dates pitted (150g)
- 1 oz dry roasted pistachios
- 1 oz raw walnuts
- 1 oz raw pecans
- 1/4 cup goji berries (30 grams)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (12 grams)
- 1 tsp instant expresso
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving collagen protein powder unflavored
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 oz dark chocolate 85%
- 1 tbsp warm water
- Combine Dates, pistachios, walnuts and pecans in food processor and pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT dark chocolate and water. Pulse until combined.
- Add in tablespoon of warm water and pulse until combined and slightly sticky.
- Form into balls of desired size. I made 10 but you could definitely make them half the size to have enough for a bigger crowd!
- Place dark chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each until melted.
- Roll balls in melted chocolate, and set on parchment paper to cool. Decorate as desired! Place in fridge to set before serving.