Strawberry Parfait with Cinnamon Oatmeal [Recipe]
Hi! My name is Roz & I’m a recovering carbophobe! Yep that’s right, before flexible eating I was so afraid of carbohydrates that I even avoided eating fruit! Thankfully flexible eating has freed me from that psychological misery
& I now enjoy a hearty bowl of oatmeal with fruit and yogurt most mornings. Ridiculously quick and easy to whip up, my latest breakfast repertoire looks pretty amazing and tastes even better.
Aside from being able to make something this tasty whilst expending very little effort, I also love my yogurt & fruit parfaits because they satisfy my sweet tooth and keep me full ALL morning long. There’s no need to pack a snack for elevensies after one of these bad boys for breakfast.Based on the quantities I used, here’s a little breakdown of the macronutrients & total calories.
Of course, you can play around a little with the quantities & include additional ingredients like nuts or peanut butter if you want to make it even more filling and delicious
Here’s a list of what you’ll need and how to make it.
- 40g Frozen banana
- 80g fresh or frozen strawberries
- Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 150g Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
- Dash of Cinnamon spice
- Betsy’s Best Gourmet Peanut Butter with Cinnamon & Chia Seeds (optional)*
- Empty the contents of the oatmeal packet into a mug or bowl and follow suggested cooking instructions. I add a good dusting of cinnamon and about 1/2 cup of water to my oats and microwave for 1 – 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Allow oatmeal to cool slightly whilst you complete the next step (you can prepare your oats in advance the night before if you want your oatmeal chilled).
- Place the frozen banana, strawberries and roughly half the yogurt in a Vitamix (my refurbished one was such a great deal & has had zero problems!) Blend until you achieve a smooth and beautifully pink consistency.
- Layer the remainder of the yogurt on top of the oatmeal, finishing with a final layer of your frozen yogurt mix on top.
- Sprinkle a touch more cinnamon on top and garnish with a strawberry.
*If including peanut butter, add a tbsp to your oatmeal and mix well.
Now fuel your body and go enjoy those carbs!