Sweet Potato Porridge [Recipe]
“Ahhh this porridge is just right!” is what you’ll be saying after you try this sweet & warming bowl of deliciousness! In true Goldilocks fashion it took a few tries to get this recipe perfect but luckily I didn’t have to worry about upsetting any bears in the process!
Now for those of you who have tried my chunky monkey oatmeal, you’ll know I like to add in egg whites for extra protein. Egg whites wouldn’t really work too well in this recipe so I mixed in Collagen Peptides instead! They’re a completely tasteless protein powder which makes them ideal for baking when you don’t want to disrupt the flavors of your recipe. Collagen is specifically beneficial for the growth and maintenance of skin, hair, nails & healthy ligaments.
Sweet Potato Porridge
- 600 g sweet potato
- 1/4 cup almond butter (1 tbsp per bowl)
- 80 g Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (1 tbsp per bowl)
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Use a fork to poke holes in sweet potatoes. Then wrap each of your potatoes in foil and place on the middle rack of your oven. Make sure the seam-side is face up so none of the drippings leak out of the foil. You can also line the rack below with a baking sheet to catch any drippings from the sweet potatoes. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and let cool. Once cooled cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh and place in one big mixing bowl or 4 separate Tupperware containers if prepping for the week. Divide Vital Protein collagen peptides and shredded coconut equally between the 4 containers. Mash and mix with a fork.
- Cover and store in the fridge. When you're ready to eat just reheat, top with berries, a tbsp of almond butter and any other toppings you like. Make sure you sprinkle some cinnamon on top, it's a heavenly spice that will transform your sweet potato!
Inspiration & photo credit to Healthy Liv.
Have you tried this recipe? Are you a fan of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides? Let me know what your favorite toppings are below!