Sweetheart Valentine’s Cookies [Recipe]
Paleo, Vegan, NSA, Gluten Free
Apparently I’ve been neglecting my creative side as another holiday has rolled around without so much as a peep from me. Not only am I ashamed but I’m also terrified by the rate at which this year seems to be slipping away – seriously, I had a nightmare that it was November already! As much as I love the second half of the year for being that much closer to Christmas, I am not about to wish the rest of the year away, I have far too much to accomplish before then!
So, let’s focus on the present and right now it’s Valentine’s day and my silence for the last two months can only be redeemed by something really good. So here are my “I’m sorry”, can I please find my way back into your hearts Valentine’s Cookies? Yes I know, it’s a cheap move but I expect it to work as my temporary hibernation will surely be forgotten in a flash when you bite into these guilt-free treats!
Thank you Food Matters for always providing simple go-to recipes for special occasions. The best thing about these cookies is the leftover raspberry chia seed jam, it tastes that amazing that it will seriously make you question whether it’s good for you or not. So take a 30 minute time-out, make a big batch and share these with the ones you love today. Don’t forget you deserve some loving too! Enjoy ♥︎
Preparation: 30 minutes
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey or coconut nectar
- Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- For the Chia seed Jam, thaw the raspberries and then blend until liquid.
- In a bowl combine the raspberry puree with the honey and chia seeds. Set aside in the fridge to chill and set.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, mix almond meal, coconut oil, baking powder & maple syrup with a fork.
- Once combined, separate mixture into round biscuit shapes and mould into the shape of a heart on a lined baking tray.
- Use your thumb and the back of a spoon to make an indent on each biscuit deep enough to hold a teaspoon of chia jam.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Whatever you get up to today, set some time aside to be with someone you love and stay in that moment. Everything else will still be there tomorrow…