Tasty Salmon Burgers [Recipe]
You guys this is such a yummy way to eat salmon! I tend to not do anything too exciting with my salmon – grilling it and throwing some guacamole on top is about as creative I get! Seriously though salmon + guac is a heavenly combo! ? Why is that when something is produced in the shape of a patty it automatically tastes 10 times better? I don’t know the answer to that but I do know that this burger recipe made plain old grilled salmon taste anything but plain and old!
For those of you who are thinking, “OK I can’t even complete step 1 here, grilling salmon?!” don’t you worry! Because you can definitely use canned salmon instead. Usually the thought of fish in a can makes me kinda queasy BUT I promise you, these burgers taste good whether you make them with fresh or tinned salmon.
The added benefit of using tinned salmon is that it’s super lean! The macros on these tins of Kirkland Pink Salmon are just 1g fat and 12g protein per 2 oz serving. The macros for the recipe below are based on Kirkland Atlantic salmon fillet from Costco so that makes it a little higher in fat.
- 16 oz cooked salmon canned or precooked fillets
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, like chives, dill or parley, finely chopped
- 1 squeeze lemon
- Take your pre-cooked salmon (grilled or pan fried with the lid on are my two favorite methods) and flake it apart with a fork. If you're using tinned salmon also use a fork to separate the salmon into flakes.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the ingredients together and then form into 4 even size patties.
- Take a non-stick skillet and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Fry the burgers for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve on a bed of salad or on a bun with some delicious bang bang sauce!