“Whole Foods” Garlicky Kale [Recipe]
Kale is widely recognized as a nutritional powerhouse. Coveted as a superfood ingredient in the diets of many celebs, the “queen of greens” has received a ton of hype in the media and on platforms like Goop. Despite all this though, it’s hard to get past the fact that it tastes like rabbit food!
Yes you can sneak a few leaves unnoticeably into things like smoothies, or you can douse it in coconut oil until it basically is coconut oil, OR you can try this totally macro-friendly, high kale volume, copycat recipe of the Whole Foods garlicky kale salad from their cold bar. Do it! And don’t be surprised if you suddenly uncover an entrepreneurial side you never new existed. That’s the power of kale. #goopgoals
"Whole Foods" Garlicky Kale [Recipe]
- 4 cups chopped raw kale
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced raw garlic
- 2 tbsp PB Fit powder
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos (or tamarin or soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl.
- Place all the other ingredients in a blender and blend until you achieve the desired consistency for your dressing - you may need to add a little water.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and toss with salad servers. You could also place a lid over the bowl and shake until the kale is thoroughly coated.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate. This will help the kale to wilt and also make it more palatable.