Zucchini Noodles with Asparagus [Recipe]
Traditional pasta is delicious but super high in carbohydrates. While some days are worth saving some carbs for a spaghetti dinner or ramen noodles, sometimes we turn to vegetables for our noodle fix. This is a wonderful recipe to make a big batch of and to use throughout the week for meal prep and you can even add some chopped up grilled chicken breast for protein. There’s tons of flavor and fiber to keep you fueled and happy.
You’ll need a spiralizer for this recipe, in order to create long, noodle strands out of zucchini. If you don’t already have one, it’s a great tool that makes low-carb noodles quickly and is very inexpensive on Amazon. The addition of roasted asparagus to this “veggie pasta” is simply bonus. Enjoy!
Zucchini Noodles with Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 5 zucchini
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 tbsp yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chives thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim the ends off the asparagus, and chop into ½ inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl and combine with the olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini and use a veggie peeler to remove the green skin. Cut the zucchini in half, width-wise, then run through a spiral slicer to create long, angel hair noodles. Place the noodles in a large bowl. Add the sun dried tomatoes and roasted asparagus.
- In a small bowl combine all of the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the noodle salad and mix well to combined.