Fat-free Sweet Potato Fries [Recipe]
I’ve been absolutely loving the meals we get from Fia’s Fresh Meals lately. Out of all the pre-prepared microwavable meals I’ve tried in the past, they really are a cut above the rest! Not just because their vacuum-packed containers keep their meals super fresh, but the ingredients and the variety of delicious meals is of seriously superior quality. From BBQ chicken pizza to butternut squash lasagna and burritos, they’re menu is crowd pleaser!
So one of their meals that I’m always excited to see when it’s on the menu is the Bang Bang Coconut Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries. That sauce is more addicting than crack (I imagine) and pairs amazingly well with the fries. Whenever I was running out of meals I was getting sad that I didn’t have delicious sweet potato fries to look forward to in my day, so I decided I would figure out how to make them myself. Turns out it’s pretty freakin’ easy! 🙂
Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium sweet potato
- 1 dash salt & pepper to season
- Heat oven to 450˚F.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or silicone sheets and lightly spray with non-stick coconut cooking spray. Place them in the oven to heat up.
- As the oven is heating, scrub your sweet potatoes clean and then chop them into 1/2" sticks or evenly-sized wedges.
- Add them to a bowl and toss with salt and pepper and any additional seasoning. This is when you would also add olive oil if you wish to use it. I just use a little of the cooking spray here instead.
- Spread the "chips" onto the baking sheets leaving a little room between each one so that they can brown.
- Cook for roughly 20-25 minutes turning once. Cook until the edges are brown and centers are tender.
- Tip: Add a small pinch of cornflour to your chips as you toss them with salt and pepper. Apparently this helps to make them a little more crispy!
- If you like your fries with a bit of a kick, add a pinch of cayenne and cumin or if you're more of a sweet tooth wrinkle with cinnamon!