Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas [Recipe]
Vegetables like cauliflower definitely don’t have to be boring. With a little bit of healthy seasoning you can transform the blandest tasting veggies into something bold and flavorful that the whole family will enjoy!
Now that I have your attention I thought it would be a good time to take a look at why cauliflower is so freakin’ good for you! I love it because it’s so easy to cook and it always fills me up. But knowing it has all these added health benefits makes me like it even more. Check them out:
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Fights inflammation
- Decreases risk for heart disease and brain disorders
- Provides high levels of vitamins and minerals (especially vitamin C and vitamin K)
- Improves digestion and detoxification
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps balance hormones
- Protects eye health
Cauliflower is rich in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which lowers oxidative stress and reduces free radicals in the body – molecules that attack our cells and are responsible for things like cancers and other degenerative diseases like stroke or Alzheimer’s disease.
Cauliflower is so versatile! You can mash it & mix it with cheese for gratin; turn it into rice & serve with your favorite curry or Mexican dish; turn it into pizza crust or dip it in egg and almond flour for vegetarian nuggets. There’s so many options!
Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 15 oz chickpeas
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water.
- Add the seasoning to a bowl of chickpeas and to your bowl of cauliflower florets. Take two baking sheets lined with foil or a silat sheet and cover with the seasoned chickpeas and cauliflower.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally during cooking, until chickpeas are slightly crispy and cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy cauliflower? Please share your delicious suggestions with me below!