Zucchini Shrimp Scampi [Recipe]
This super simple dinner is perfect for you when want to impress but have zero time! It’s also a personal go-to for when I’m hoarding my carbs and fat for dessert – perfect timing for all those Easter eggs I’ll be devouring! ?
Let me know if you make any tweaks to this recipe that make it even better! I’d love to hear from you in our Lifestyle Group!
Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
A fantastic way to enjoy a lighter version of traditional shrimp scampi. This low-carb version with zoodles makes each serving just 164 calories!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 whole lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 pounds zucchini noodles
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Chop the ends off your zucchini and then turn into "zoodles" using a spiralizer. You can get an affordable hand-held spiralizer or counter-top model off Amazon or if you have a KitchenAid mixer you can buy their super duper spiralizer attachment.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are pink.
- Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste. Turning the heat down, bring to a simmer and stir in the zucchini noodles. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with parsley (and parmesan if desired!)
Calories: 164kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 31gFat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 729mgPotassium: 531mgSugar: 4gVitamin A: 800IUVitamin C: 58.6mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 3.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!